February 04, 2009

manual

It is amazing that I made it alive without a scratch today.

Today suppose to be a worry free just an ordinary day…until once again I come close to driving the all wonderful MANUAL car…

It just happened spontaneously when my boss asks me drive the car back and fetch him at 7pm…I hesitated but yet I agreed…

When I step into the car, I had to refresh abit how would I move the clutch and get into gears…yet making my way out of the Times Square 4th floor car park wasn’t an easy thing to do when I’ve not driven a manual car for more than a year, (I must admit that Im darn stupid)…

Sudden stops and bumpy side turns not to miss the car’s engine stop each time near a junction…how pathetic, how embarrassing…but all that was in my mind was just to get back home and FAST!...

Fiona who sat beside me was quite encouraging although at the same time she was worried. She manage to hide her fears and calm me down whenever I get too excited…


Hahaha…what a funny situation…making my way back safely was a challenge, but back to Pavilion almost make me breathless. Going back to pavilion was even worst than I could imagine. Traffic jams turned the whole situation into a nightmare. Almost reaching our destination, I could bear the engine stopping a few times in a single road, I gave up and ask boss to come over to California Fitness to take over.

For me it was a huge relief! The torture of embarrassment could not be bare a second longer. I raise my white flag.

Yet that experienced is one I should not forget. It should come handy in “emergency times”…

_______________________________________________________

Its mum’s burfday, and this year really is a happy year. Really am grateful for friends who celebrated it with mum and their contribution means a lot to both me and mum.

Thanks!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]