April 10, 2009

courtesy in the lift


I’ve been working here for 10 days, and realize some good manners still exist in our bustling city.

Every morning I will make my way up to the 4th floor by lift at 11am to be exact (the bus is also always on time). The lift (near the loading bay which is also near to Digi center) is always full with people.

While working in sg wang, everyday waiting for the lift is something you should fight for. If you’re not fast enough, then say goodbye and wait for the next turn, even if there is still place for a bunch of elephants.

But here, not just in the morning, but during lunch break, and also after work during the evening almost everyone practice good manners (in lift lah…)

there was one morning I thought no one is coming in, so I hurriedly press the 'close' button, suddenly the door open again and a guy came in. he didn't give a rude look on his face, but i still felt embarass and guilty. hey, it wasn't totally my fault because i didn't really c him.

But after that incident, I made sure I would look around before I enter the lift and see whether is there anyone rushing from behind or not. Because you see, doing a small good deed especially in the morning makes the day a happier one.

Each time I enter a lift, there’s surely someone pressing the <> button for other people to come in and in return they get a grateful thanks. Even if everybody is in a rush, there’s surely a little more time for you to wait for someone you may not know.

Here I don’t usually rush for the lift but be the 1st few inside. Yet I can feel how grateful that person would be when someone in the lift actually waited. It’s one good phenomenon going on in Low Yat.

Happy ^^

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]